Breakfast is our favourite meal of the day, so imagine how ecstatic we were when we came across a 1950s-style diner that serves breaky all day. Satisfying all of our morning cravings is the Sunshine Diner. Herewith, seven reasons why we love it.
- The eye-catching jukebox, dazzling red and checkered interior, dozens of vintage photos and eclectic memorabilia covering the walls.
- Drawing everyone from die-hard Elvis fans to tourists and ski bunnies, to gals like us in the heart of Kitsilano, Vancouver.
- Signature 50s homemade milkshakes in a variety of flavours including peanut butter!
- Breakfast specials are to die for! The BC Benny ($10.45) includes two poached eggs with pacific smoked salmon and onions on an English muffin with Hollandaise sauce and special fries on the side.
- They only use grade A eggs from chickens who have been fed a vegetarian diet.
- If you’re not a breaky enthusiast like we are, take advantage of their selections of cold and hot sandwiches, burgers (Fat Elvis Burger) or select something from their Greek selection.
- The price! All breakfast specials range from $8 – $12. Definitely a bonus for the pocketbook and enough change left over to grab a latte across the street.
Sunshine Diner, 2649 Broadway, Vancouver BC www.sunshinediner.com Story By: Sukhi Ghuman