Movies and food. Both can ignite the senses, bring comfort and unite people together for an enjoyable experience.
That’s what the TIFF Bell Lightbox’s film series, Food on Film, looks to explore. Series host Annabelle Waugh, Food Director of Canadian Living magazine, welcomes celebrated guests to explore the intersection of film with the culinary world.
Guests and films include:
- Food stylist Claire Stubbs on I Am Love (February 13)
- Saveur editor-in-chief James Oseland on Michael Winterbottom’s comedy The Trip (March 13)
- Internationally-renowned chef and founder of Momofuku, David Chang, on Ang Lee’s Eat Drink Man Woman (April 3)
- Chef sommelier at Le Bernardin Aldo Sohm on Alexander Payne’s Sideways (April 24)
- Food activist and Member of the Order of Canada Anita Stewart on the concerning issues in Robert Kenner’s documentary Food Inc. (May 15)
- Kent Kirshenbaum, Associate Professor of Chemistry at NYU and molecular gastronomy expert, on Ferran Adrià’s innovative cuisine in El Bulli: Cooking in Progress (June 19).
Food on Film is part of a popular subscription series by TIFF Bell Lightbox, which also includes the series Books on Film and Science on Film.
Subscriptions to each series are available for $153 for TIFF members or $180 for non-members (prices include tax). Single tickets also available.
TIFF Bell Lightbox, 350 King Street West, Toronto | For tickets and info, call 416.599.TIFF or visit tiff.net/subscriptionseries.
Photography: Twentieth Century Fox, Samuel Goldwyn Company/Photofest