With the amount of care you take to create a great party, you want to make sure you look good doing it too. Here are some makeup and beauty tips to help you look and feel great while entertaining this holiday season.
Story by Naveen Atwal
“It’s all about keeping it steamy but steam-proof,” says expert makeup artist Cheryl Gushue during the Delicious Food Show’s “Beauty in the Kitchen” segment hosted by Efashionista.ca. Gushue shared her tips for makeup application and easy hairstyling to help you looking glamourous without fear of melting all over your hors d’oeuvre platter.
Tips to Looking Fabulous While Entertaining
- Start with a makeup primer, then foundation and end with powder. The primer will help your makeup last longer. With the primer, focus on your T-zone.
- Use a mineral-based foundation. Apply a small amount first to the apple of your cheeks and blend using a sponge outwards to the rest of the face. If you try to apply your foundation all over your face before blending, the foundation will dry out. Checkout our review of foundations and tinted moisturizers.
- Avoid wearing lip gloss as it likely won’t last between tastings. Instead fill-in lips with lip liner and top with a matte lipstick using a lip brush. Try one of our favourite matte red lipsticks, perfect for the holidays.
- Use cream-to-powder based eye shadows and liquid, waterproof eyeliner. Both products set well and hold up to heat and sweat. We reviewed 5 liquid eyeliners – find your favourite here.
- Keep blotting papers on hand to help wipe away any excess facial oil. Avoid using face powder or patting your face with a tissue or towel.
- Keep your hair simple – up and out of your face. Think braids, buns and ponytails which will keep hair manageable during your event.
Story By: Naveen Atwal | Photography: Balraj Grewal