Wedding season. Love it or hate it, it’s an inevitable time of year. It can be hard to reinvent the usual churidar suit-sari-lehenga options, but lucky for us, the personal stylists at I Wear My Sari With Jeans created this special guide to help us out.
Wedding season is upon us and that means it’s time to break out the saris, lehengas and suits. Whether your style is classic or trendy, this season, India designers have created something for everyone.
Here is our guide to help you reinvent your personal wedding guest style.
1. Lehengas. You can’t go wrong with a pretty pastel lehenga at a reception. We like an elegant border or pattern. It’s a great way to branch out and try something other than a suit or sari, while not being overdressed.
Left to right: Shelaa by Shehla Khan, Anita Dongre
2. Modern cuts. Don’t be afraid to incorporate western silhouettes for a fun party look. These may include pants, jumpsuits, jackets, and peplum tops.
Left to right: Nikhil Thampi and Karleo Fashion
3. Graphic Prints. Bold prints are a fun way to add colour and interest to your outfit. Perfect for a sangeet party or reception.
Left to right: Satya Paul and Digvijay Singh
4. Dresses. Elegant, yet easy to move around in, and oh so comfortable! This season, play with silhouettes, from flowy to more fitted.
Left to right: Shantanu and Nikhil, and Karleo Fashion
5. Layer it up. Add depth to your outfit by playing with textures and patterns. We love sheer fabrics for layering.
Left to right: Shehlaa by Shehla Khan and Manish Malhotra
6. Classic Indian. You can’t go wrong with a classic silk sari or traditional prints, they’re timeless for a reason. To bring a modern edge to this look, pair a silk sari with a classic white shirt. Perfect for any wedding event.
Left to right: Payal Khandwala and Gaurang
Sonia Johal and Gurprit Chima are the faces of and creative team behind I Wear My Sari with Jeans, a fashion and beauty blog with a focus on both eastern and western fashions. Both are Personal Stylists based in Vancouver and are available for wedding consultations. Instagram | Facebook