Our minds are on summer and beaches 24/7. To match our appetite for surf this season, the talented Chef Gurj of GD Gourmet prepared this light, delicious, summer-worthy dish.
A refreshing pairing of curried quinoa, grilled halibut and roasted red pepper vinaigrette, this healthy, balanced meal is perfect for candle light dinner on the deck or indoors.
Grilled Halibut Fillet with Curried Quinoa & Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- Pre-heat your indoor or outdoor grill to 450F.
- Begin by quickly marinating the halibut with the salt, pepper, lemon zest, juice & vegetable oil.
- Bring the water to a boil with salt, turmeric & garam masala. Add in the quinoa, cover with a tight fitting lid lower the heat to low & cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has fully absorbed all the water, place quinoa into a mixing bowl & while warm mix in the almonds, cilantro, green onions, cranberries, salt & pepper.
- Roast the red pepper on either an open flame grill or under the broiler until all the skin is blackened. Place into a small bowl & cover with plastic wrap to help with removing the skin.
- Place the red pepper on a cutting board & remove all the charred skin & seeds. Finely chop the red pepper & begin making the vinaigrette by mixing together the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt & pepper. Mix in the chopped red pepper.
- Place the halibut fillet on a well oiled grill & cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes on each side, or just until the halibut is cooked thru.
- Plating this dish is simple, use the quinoa as a bed for the fish & the red pepper vinaigrette can be used both as a sauce for the fish & also a little on the quinoa.
GD Gourmet Facts
- Quinoa is considered one of the ancient grains, it is gluten free and easy to digest.
- Quinoa is a great substitution for rice & is high in protein.
- You can substitute other seafood or white meat proteins for the Halibut & this dish will still be delicious & well balanced.