Breakfast for Dinner
When doing a breakfast for dinner theme, there are so many menu possibilities you could play with. Here is a sample menu for inspiration.
- Dutch Baby — a German twist on the traditional pancake recipe, baked in the oven
- Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups — You can make this ahead of time and bake just before your guests arrive [Photo Credit: MarthaStewart.com]
- French-style Scrambled Eggs on slices of buttered, French baguette topped with chopped chives or dill (My personal favourite way to prepare scrambled eggs)
- Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan
- Arugula Salad — arugula, orange bell pepper, strawberries, goat cheese, chopped walnuts with a balsamic vinaigrette
- Yogurt Drizzled with Honey and Walnuts
If your guests are big cereal eaters, create a small cereal bar. For a unique presentation, use large glass jars or vases with small scoops, to hold your cereal.
Photo credit: Mint Love Social Club
No meal is complete without a nice drink! Here are some classic brunch beverages:
- Classic Ceasar (For a non-alcoholic version, click here)
- Classic Mimosa
- Classic Bellini
- English Garden Sipper (non-alcoholic) — Iced tea and raspberry juices
- Pomegranate Citrus Juice (non-alcoholic)
- Red Apple Sangria (non-alcoholic)
Serve along with a variety of breads with butter (you could use herbed butters!), jams and preserves, tea and coffee.