Bollywood stars are flocking to Vancouver this week for the first ever Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA), and we have your ultimate guide to celebrity stalking – um, we mean politely asking for an autograph.
Even if you purchased a ticket to the awards show, the Bollywood experience isn’t really complete until you’ve spotted a star in their element. So if you’re up for some star stalking, here are the top 5 places we think our favourite Bollywood celebrities will likely be at from April 2 – 6, 2013.
1. Rumor has it that Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra, Anuskha Sharma and Karan Johar are staying at the Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim in Coal Harbour, all within 10 minutes of each other. Hang out in the area with your camera in hand, and you’ll be sure to see someone in no time.
2. Since Bollywood stars are notorious for being chain-smokers, and both Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor have been fined for smoking in public, we predict these two will easily be spotted outside the Pac Rim Lobby Lounge + Terrace. The Lounge has some of the best cocktails and contemporary live music in the city and stays open late until 1:30 a.m.
3. Bollywood’s royal couple, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (a.k.a Abhi-Ash) will likely be the most sought after Bollywood couple to photograph. Word is they brought their baby gal, Aaradhya, to Vancouver too, which means they’ll probably take advantage of Vancouver’s gorgeous beauty and enjoy a long leisurely stroll or bike ride along the Seawall around Stanley Park and the waterfront.
4. Actor-turned-recording artist, Priyanka Chopra is known to have a shoe fetish and purchases a new pair of shoes whenever she’s traveling, so we’re pretty sure this Bollywood beauty will be spotted at Holt Renfrew trying on a pair of the newest Louboutins.
5. And the most searched Indian celeb on Google, Katrina Kaif also shares a love of shopping and the outdoors, so there is a fairly good chance this former model may be spotted shopping on Robson Street. Vancouver’s popular shopping district set in the heart of downtown includes high street shops, fine dining, services and all the amenities a gal might need.
And lastly, if you see hordes of young South Asian women and men dashing down the street, full of excitement with cameras in hand, there’s a pretty good chance someone noteworthy is around the block, so feel free to join them.
Photography: Jugni Style and TOIFA