After all the hype, controversy, song and dance, the inaugural Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA) finally took place in Vancouver.
Met with mixed reviews, there’s one thing everyone can agree on: TOIFA was all about Bollywood spectacle. Whether it was the comic stylings of hosts Anushka Sharma and Ranbir Kapoor (seen above), the mesmerizing performance by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, or Abhishek Bachchan’s valiant yet unsuccessful attempt to dance, the event had some standout moments.
TOIFA Winners: What’s an award show without awards?
- Best Director: Anurag Basu for Barfi
- Best Actress: Priyanka Chopra for Barfi
- Best Actor: Ranbir Kapoor for Barfi
- Best Film: Barfi
- Our verdict: Guess we should really watch Barfi now…
Our TOIFA Winners
- Our Favourite Interviews: Hard Kaur and Nargis Fakhri
- Strangest Interview: Annu Kapoor talking about wife material, identity crisis and sex
- Highlights from TOIFA Week: Taking Aditi Rao Hydari shopping (she is so sweet); having an impromptu dinner with our friends from Indian Summer Festival, Aditi and Madhavan at Guu in Gastown; and running into Aishwarya Rai Bachchan on the elevator (she is even more beautiful in person – we were stunned)
- Most Anticipated Performance: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Biggest Crowd Draw: Shahrukh Khan still has it
- Best Dressed: Neha Dhupia (see our comprehensive TOIFA Best Dressed list)
- Strangest Appearance on Red Carpet: Former Canadian Member of Parliament Ruby Dhalla
- Beauty Woes: Way too much botox on the red carpet and on-stage
- Holding the awards in Vancouver? Priceless. Um…maybe not.
Read more TOIFA coverage:
- Best and Worst Dressed on the TOIFA Red Carpet
- Manish Malhotra Fashion Show in Vancouver
- Bollywood Star Spotting in Vancouver
- Bollywood Star Stalking: 5 Places to Spot a Celebrity in Vancouver
- Exclusive: 10 Decades of Bollywood Dance with Shiamak Davar
- Times of India Fashion Shows: Satya Paul and Armaan DBG
Photography Courtesy: Times of India Film Awards