Have a story to tell?
We’re looking for writers with a story to tell – whether it’s a personal essay about growing up in the South Asian diaspora, your challenges finding the perfect biryani in Toronto, or a profile on an independent fashion designer. We’re also looking for new takes on politics, race and identity, as well a creation fiction, poetry and illustrations.
A must-read before you contact us:
- Spend some time and read Jugni Style. Although we’re expanding into creative fiction, illustrations and essays, the existing content will give you an idea of the kinds of stories we have covered, and our writing style.
- Read our Jugni Style Manifesto here. We’re not kidding, we do not publish stories on dating or why getting married is the most important thing in the world.
- What area are you interested in writing for? What’s your area of expertise? Feel free to propose a recurring column for Jugni Style.
- Send us your story as a Google Doc.
- Photography should be compelling, stylized and high quality. Submit photography in jpeg format and remember to include photographer credits and captions if necessary.
- Photographers may submit photo essays or runway photography to be featured on Jugni Style. We do not hold exclusive rights over photography.
Reprinting and Republishing Stories on Jugni Style
- Articles written for and published on the Jugni Style website become the property of Jugni Style. Any reprinting or reposting of an article first published on Jugni Style will require written permission from the Editor-in-Chief of Jugni Style, and will need to be credited as such: “Originally published on Jugni Style” and include a link to jugnistyle.com.
- If you run a website or print publication and would like to republish a story from Jugni Style, please contact the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com. Reposting or reprinting any story published on Jugni Style must receive written permission from Jugni Style.
If you would like to contribute to Jugni Style, contact: