Summer heat means fabulous summer tans. But what to do when your tinted moisturizer is 2 shades too light for your visage? We talked to Pinki Gosal, Creative Director + Co-Founder of cult-fave, Vasanti Cosmetics, to find out the skinny on how to enhance your sexy summer tan.
JS: How can a South Asian woman who has tanned 2-3 shades darker than her normal skin tone update her make-up bag?
Pinki: One of the great things about getting a summer tan is that you don't need to wear as much base make-up or foundation. The single key product for a great tan is a great blush. Blush adds the perfect glow to your face, and enhances the look of your tan.
Pinki recommends: Vasanti's Summer blush in Andes for light to medium tans, and Sayan blush for richer, fuller tans.
JS: What are the key colour trends for summer, and how can we update our look? How do you make this look go from a day at the beach, to a night out with friends?
Pinki: I love this question! The trends for this summer are super natural and glowing. Enhance your natural beauty with a few simple tricks.
For the Beach:
- Brighten your face with a liquid cover up. Just a slight dab to brighten under your eyes and on the eyelids, and you'll look wide awake. That's all you need and it will last all day. Just be sure that your cover up matches your skin tone exactly.
- Add a little bit of blush/bronzer to everywhere the sun touches (apples of your cheeks, forehead and chin) for a glowing complexion. Try Vasanti's Andes blush/bronzer – the perfect shade for so many skin tones (and you'll never look too orange).
- Mascara to make your eyes pop. Try Vasanti's Intense Black Mascara. It's an incredible formula that delivers dramatic results, without feeling like you're wearing lots of mascara.
- Finish with a tinted lip balm to give your lips a supple glow. For a natural look, Vasanti features soft nudes and light browns this season.
Turn this beach day look into a night out on the town by adding a few key products:
- Add a neutral eyeshadow palette with a pop of plum liner for sexy come-hither eyes. For the summer, Vasanti is featuring their Manhattan 247 eyeshadow palette. Beautiful natural shades like soft champagne, terracotta, a natural soft peach and pink, and a smokey bronze plum for lining are highlights of this palette.
- Take a loose shimmer powder in Bronze and dust a little over your cheeks, decolletage and shoulders for a sun-kissed looks. Try Vasanti's Bronzage shimmer.
- A little gloss your lips over the tinted lip balm and you're good to go. Pinki's favourite gloss for the summer is Coral Sea. It adds the perfect burst of subtle colour to your lips.
Vasanti Cosmetics are available online at www.vasanticosmetics.com and at select Shoppers Drug Marts and Rexall Drugs across Canada.